BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Jakes Story

I was not looking to adopt a dog at all, but I did miss Smokie (my parents black lab) so I started volunteering at the local animal shelter walking dogs. And there I met, Buddy. He had sat in the shelter for almost two months and was there the longest of any other dogs, so he was very urgent and the first on the list to be euthanized. I thought he's such a cute dog, how can anyone not want him? I kept going back to the shelter regularly and would walk Buddy first. While I would walk other dogs he would sit outside in the fence and just watch and howl. He really liked me and didn't want me to walk those other dogs I guess!
As Jakes time was becoming more urgent, I fell in complete love with this dog. I cried and cried. My parents said they'd take him but I had to find a place that allowed dogs as soon as possible. It was really inconvenient for them because Smokie hates other dogs in our yard! For Valentines Day, Brett actually gave me the best gift ever. He asked our landlord if we could keep Jake, and she said yeah, since we were such good tenants. Jake wasn't going to die! I was so happy! I went out and bought him a kennel and $50 worth of dog toys, he didn't play with at all that first year. At the shelter, I really didn't like his name Buddy, so I asked the shelter why his name was Buddy? And they said it's just a name they gave him, if I had a better name they would rename him that. I said, "I like Jake", and he's been Jake ever since. There will be lots of crazy Jake stories in this blog, so please stay tuned. Here are some pics I took of Jake today for the blog. I know he needs his nails cut, we'll be doing that this weekend. :) Thanks for reading!

0 comments: