BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ladies First, Fancy's Story.

I had been looking for another dog to keep Jake company because of his barking, and I came upon Fancy. I was adamant that I did not want another beagle. As much as I loved Jake, his constant barking (well howling) drove me crazy. We had only lived in an apartment at the time, and he barked all the time when we left him alone. I had been in contact with a lady that worked at the shelter and she kept telling me about this sweet beagle girl they had at the shelter named Autumn. She was adopted for a week but it didn't work out. After a failed adoption, it was only then I begun to even think about getting another beagle. Jake had contracted kennel cough and the vet said absolutely no dogs for at least 3 weeks! The lab mix puppy I wanted got adopted right away, so I looked at so many other dogs, but my thoughts always came back around to "Autumn."

I convinced Brett (my fiance) to take the two hour drive to meet "Autumn". "Autumn" was so sweet and so petite! She always wore sweaters, because it was a very small shelter with little heat. There were probably 6 or so dogs there at the time waiting for homes, it was heartbreaking. She didn't try to beat up Jake which was a good sign, she was a total lover! We paid the $75 shelter fee right then and brought her home. Maybe it was the sweaters she always wore but Brett insisted we rename her Fancy before we even got to the shelter. On the way home, on Country Radio, the song Fancy by Reba played and we were sold. It' was a sign her name was meant to be Fancy. I'm happy to report in the 2+ years that we have been blessed having Fancy in our lives, she has only barked (howled) maybe three times! I mean beagles baying are like music to my ears but I worry for those around me living in the city. There will be lots more Fancy stories in this blog. Below are some pictures I took today of Fancy for this blog. Thank-you for reading, Jake's story coming tomorrow. :)



































0 comments: